Acne may be challenging to treat with home self-care remedies. If you are suffering from a persistent acne problem, Restore Center for Aesthetics in Munster, IN can offer acne treatment options that can treat your skin issues, minimize inflammation, and reduce the appearance of acne scarring.
What Is Acne?
Acne is a common skin inflammation condition that happens when hair follicles are blocked by sebum (natural skin oil), dead skin cells, and pollutants. Although it occurs most frequently on the facial skin surface, it often appears on the neck, upper back, and chest, as well.
What Causes Acne?
Over-secretion of sebum is the leading cause of clogged pores. Without an opening for secretion, waste products and bacteria are trapped under the skin and cause inflammation. Depending on the severity of the inflammation, pus may form near the skin surface or deep under the skin.
What Causes Sebum Secretion?
Several factors may change your skin sebum secretion levels:
- Hormonal level
- Sugar intake
- Skin allergies
- Persistent pressure and/or irritation
- Cosmetic use
- Unsuitable skin care products
Signs of acne may differ depending on the cause and severity of the problem. The most common symptoms are:
- Red bumps on the skin surface
- Inflamed bumps with pus protruding at the peaks
- Large painful bumps with pus sacs situated under the skin
How Does Our Acne Treatment Work?
The acne treatments at Restore Center for Aesthetics clear sebum plugs and remove all irritants embedded in the follicles. This will significantly eliminate acne in three ways:
- Allow pores to expel waste products properly
- Reduce waste trapped under the skin surface
- Eliminate bacteria that causes inflammation
In addition, the acne treatments aim to shrink down pores. This greatly reduces the risk of allowing irritants to enter the skin surface and cause inflammation. Also, it evens out skin texture to give skin a youthful glow.
Our facility offers differ types of treatment options:
- Laser skin resurfacing
Laser Skin Resurfacing
Our laser skin resurfacing treatment is a great option that targets many skin issues:
- Eliminate bacteria and sebum
- Shrink pores
- Even out skin texture
- Diminish acne scarring
- Stimulate collagen formation to speed up wound healing
- Reduce inflammation and hyperpigmentation
For clients who have oily skin, regular Hydrafacials can substantially replenish nutrients to the skin while eliminating clogged pores. This treatment can:
- Reduce pore size
- Minimize skin hyperpigmentation
- Even skin tone and texture
- Increase skin firmness and elasticity
- Boost skin hydration retention
- Decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Give skin a youthful glow
Get the Treatment You Need
Ready to refresh your complexion to enjoy clear, beautiful skin? Contact us today at Restore Center for Aesthetics and schedule your consultation to learn more about acne and potential treatment options. Our professional staff proudly serves you from Munster, Indiana. We look forward to helping you achieve the healthy skin you desire.